Strony

Embellish Magazine Invitation Challenge

Tuesday, July 13, 2010


Well here goes my second attempt at one of EM's lovely challenges. I was just sure I wouldn't
have time for this challenge when it was first posted, and was glad that the theme was "invitations", since I have minimal stamps fitting for an invitation...I was relieved that I wasn't missing out on too much. But since my most recent "busy phase" is over and the "invitation" challenge is still posted...and those colors are awfully pretty...and different...at least for me...so I started digging through stamps and found this one from Crafty Secrets Card Sentiments. A victorian looking rabbit...tooting his horn...announcing some grand party. I stamped him on a PTI Kraft Spellbinders Labels 1 and trimmed off the outer corners, then framed him in the next size up. I used Aqua Flo brushes and Stampin Up! inks to give him some color.


I had some velvety looking specialty paper that fit the color scheme (from JoAnn Fabrics and Hobby Lobby - sorry, no name). And my Technique Tuesday Rococco Stamps helped me fill in some dead space. Anyway, I came up with this fussy little number...
Not real sure what I think about it...probably too much going on, but I'm going to take our new pastor's stance on this..."if you're never failing...you're not trying enough new things". Who knows...maybe today, people are learning from my mistakes...and I guess that's OK...especially when I had so much fun trying!













To anchor my image, I looped several layers of seam binding (MemrieMare, Etsy), tied them in a knot, then snipped all the ends to form a festive little...shall we say..."thingie". ;) The solid paper was a suede type of paper, but the gold embossing did fine and added a much needed finishing touch. I also like the thin line of gold embossing on the outer edge.




Gotta git!!

Enjoy your day!!

Geri

PS...This is my first time using Papertrey Ink's Kraft cardstock (I know, where have I been!)! Oooooo...I love that stuff! Also, I am having serious issues with this layout!!! I am going to have to leave it as is, as I keep accidentally deleting pictures trying to get these two small pix at the bottom side by side. Just know...I'M NOT HAPPY!!

3 comments: