Strony

Waltzing Mouse Sketch and CR84FN Color Challenges:

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hey, all!! I am combining two challenges today for this card. I have always wanted to play along with the Waltzing Mouse Sketch challenge, but just didn't feel it was right until I had some of their yummy stamps to play with. Well, I am happy to announce...I am now the proud owner of not one, but 2 (yes, I said 2!!) Waltzing Mouse stamp sets!! Don't anybody laugh at me...my Christmas list was so long...I had to spread it ALL over the place...a little dab from this company...a little dab from that company...Anyway with this sketch I wasn't able to use much from what I purchased (a label set and the Fancy Phrases set), but I thought the sketch looked fun (and I feel "legal" now)...




I also HAD to play along with Mona's color challenge again, because I can never resist the pretty color combo's she uses...



I used one of my 6-for-a-buck glittered star ornament treasures I had found at Hobby Lobby at Christmas and had set aside for the right project. I also used a new tool my wonderful friend, Susan, (who knows how much I like making my own flower embellishments) got me: this punch that I used with creme cardstock...
to make this...



I realize there's not always time to make flowers one-petal-at-a-time, but when there is...it sure is fun! (I love it, Susan!! Thank you again for such a "me" gift!!) By the way, I was inspired by Sue, on the DT (HERE), who used a similar punch. I used mine to form a rose rather than a pansy. I also used some Melissa Frances paper (pink) and some older Stampin' Up paper (lavender calico--thanks for that too, Susan!).


The little "Bravo!" sentiment and the little pink "scrollie" accents along the top are the Waltzing Mouse contributions. Hopefully, I can incorporate more next time (you know, since I have so much to choose from :)


Hope you like it! It was a little adventure that I very much enjoyed!!


Thanks so much for visiting me today!!


Geri

25 comments:

  1. I love that puncher..may i know where can i buy that :)? by the way love your card! the flower is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunningly beautiful, that flower is well worth the crafting time :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your card is gorgeous! Me thinks I'll have to get one of those punches! Your flower is excellent!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. They did consider me but I did not get the DT position. They were looking for more scrapbooking posts and I don't think I even have any. I have made quite a few scrapbooks, several of my daughter which was so nice to have out at her funeral - everyone loved looking at them and getting to know more about her - but I just haven't taken any photos of those pages and posted them on my blog. I'm currently working on a wedding scrapbook for my son & his wife. It's slow-going since my son's MIL wants to help me and she has never done it before. I'm actually a little relieved that I didn't make the DT because I'm not ready to have to meet deadlines like I thought I was. I've suddenly hit a difficult time in my grieving so I'm going to wait awhile before trying out for anymore DT positions. I need to just craft for my own pleasure. It's great therapy for me. :) Thank you so much for caring and stopping by my blog. You are such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Beautiful card. The colors are gorgeous and that flower is adorable. Love your papers and embellishements. Also loved your flower on how to make seam binding flowers. I have not seen them before and your video is very helpful on how to make them. Definitely have to try to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I don't know what else to say but wow! Your card is so very lovely. The paper, the lace, the sparkles.....and that flower - sigh, you make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Geri! That 3D flower is GORGEOUS! You surely worked magic with that punch! Thanks for playing along with 2 of my favorite challenges ;) BOTH the WMSC and CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That flower is A-MAZING!!! WOW!!! Geri this is STUNNING! Wonderful combination of patterned papers, bling and lace too!!! WOW!!! Fabulous use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!!! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Geri! Everything about this card is so lovely. That flower is amazing. Stellar project my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love coming to your blog and seeing the beautiful cards you create. This is gorgeous. Beautiful flower using the punch. Love all the little stuff you added to make this so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous 3D rose - so pretty! I love all the lace and gems along the curve. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfection!! Adore the flower and stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Geri, I am just getting to look at these CR84FN12 cards (I'm out of town) and I was so excited I inspired you in some way to make these flowers! Your card is lovely and I just have so much FUN making these flowers. THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how very BEAUTIFUL!! I love the flower, but it only adds to the total awesome-ness of the card... very sweet! :) you're truly, truly talented miss geri... you inspire me... and may I say that I think you're gonna pull something off with this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is scrumpcious....love the flower. It is so feminine.. Good luck with your challenges. It's a winner in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, perfect detailing, love everything about this one, the colours, the silver star... the list goes on!! Thanks for playing along withthe Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your flower is gorgeous! beautiful card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to let you know, that I think your card is stunning! And I love the flower. If, I passed that punch in the store, I wouldn't have given it a second glance. Thanks for sharing the tool that made that gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this Geri! I love the pretty paper and fabulous flower you made. I would have never seen that beautiful flower out of that punch if it were me. :)
    Thanks for playing at CR84FN.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning use of this weeks colors! Beautiful blossom, love the added bling. Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your win at the WMSC this week! Stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Jeri on your WMSC!! This card is a true beauty - so soft and feminine and I love the glitter. Somehow if I had that same punch....there is noway my flower would have turned out so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so beyond inspired by your style. Welcome your newest follower...me! LOL! Beautiful work, I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Geri - thanks so much! And my congratulations to you too - I'm in great company!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing . . . every little detail!

    ReplyDelete