Strony

Festive Friday ~ Retro ~ and Precious Remembrance for Dad...

Friday, April 19, 2013

Hey, everyone!  A few things to share today!  First of all, we are in the second week of inspiration for our retro challenge over at Festive Friday.  It has been fun to see everyone's take on this style.  I had several different thoughts on it, but really didn't have things on hand to pull more than one off.  I went with a large holly die cut I did have.  It has that hand painted look I remember seeing at Christmas when I was younger.  You know...like on the cards where a big candle and greenery or a large spray of greenery covered the entire front of the card...


I've also used some large, bold prints in very traditional colors as a background...


This is a fun challenge, so head over to the Festive Friday blog if you're interested in participating!
Here's a peek of my final card with the Mom and Dad set from Precious Remembrance...


And this is my card with that same set from last week...


Alrighty...I'll let you get on with your day!  Thank you for dropping in today!  Always good to hear from you! Enjoy your weekend!

~Geri~



14 comments:

  1. Love your vintage Christmas card Geri. That holly die cut is perfect for the challenge. I hope to play along with Festive Friday sometime, but this challenge stumped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Geri! I adore that last one in particular - great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geri thanks for the sweet comment! Your retro card is stunning. I love that perfect bow with the tiny gold star. It really stands out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geri your fluffy red bow is delish ~ very pretty card!! Just popped in at PR, great job there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the Christmas card. The bow is perfect and I love the sparkly star and fussy cut leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your retro Christmas card is also beautiful Geri. Brings back wonderful memories of hanging all those kind of cards at my Grandma's. You have so much talent my friend. Always a treat to visit you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just what you mean about cards we used to see with the reds and greens (probably sent some of those myself). Loved your "retro" Christmas. Congrats on winning the Fusion challenge again. You've set the bar high!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the fusion...your card deserved to win!!! Love your vintage christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Geri, I love the vintage look of this card. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geri, THANK YOU. I was peeking in on everything while I was away, just not using up minutes with typing!! You did such an amazing job with everything, I can't even tell you how grateful I am to you!!!

    I never even thought of how many different interpretations there would be for this challenge, but I loved seeing the winners you chose, and now I have to go through the gallery and see what everyone created. What a great response this time around, hey?

    I love your card - I know exactly what kind of cards you're describing, and I think you executed the style perfectly. Gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Geri! I just love looking at your blog as I am always inspired!!!! My little one is on Spring Break this week so I have only made 1 card in the last 10 days...hopefully I will be able to get back in my little girl cave soon...:)Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Geri! Your Christmas card is so elegant and lovely! Makes me want Christmas to come very soon. With all the snow we still have it could be Christmas now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, your Christmas card is SO beautiful, Geri! Does have a sweet nostalgic feel to it! And what a stunning card made with the mom and dad set! The embossing and colors are so vivid and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geri, you are so divine! I've pinned your amazing berry sorbet birthday card, which I want to lick off the monitor! Dad looks brilliant and don't even ask me about your candy cane Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete